Sunday, April 15, 2012

sunday ride

I had an awesome ride today with the fiancé. We bopped around Arlington, highlighted by a roll down the hill through Arlington Cemetery. We cruised down to Crystal City, through Army/Navy Country Club, and back home.

A few notes on the ride:
Why doesn't the path by the Pentagon continue? It should connect to the parking lot. I remember the BAC talking about this and it's so dumb. Also, someone passed a car in the wrong lane because that car was waiting behind us on a narrow stretch of Walter Reed. I hope he gets a flat tire.

The important thought today:
I'm really enjoying riding to ride around lately. This has been part of a big shift in my attitude toward cycling. In the coming months I will go into much more depth about this, but I'll sum it up here. My riding has gone from triathlon type exercise riding to a stronger desire to commute and run errands on bike to a desire to just bounce around town and enjoy the trip. I think lately I've started to like each type of riding for different reasons and at different times. Bottom line here is that riding is great, and getting back into the warm weather riding season is fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment