Sunday, June 17, 2012

friday ride

As I've been saying lately, I'm really enjoying casual riding this year. That being said, sometimes it's fun to go work hard on a bike. I put in a nice 30 mile ride on my day off. It was great to get out and ride hard. The weather was absolutely perfect. The wind was low. And the trails were fairly empty. I rode the Capital Crescent Trail for the first time in a while. I forgot how beautiful the ride is. I also rode part of the Georgetown Branch Trail for the first time ever, but turned around when it became gravel. On the way home, I did some exploring and rode under the Humpback Bridge and north to take the bridge over to Boundary Channel Drive. From there I rode up to Henderson Hall and onto Ft. Meyer. I rode out the 2nd St. gate and up to the Thomas Jefferson Center. I went over the green pedestrian bridge to cross 50 and then up Irving to Ballston.

It was a really enjoyable ride. Being out on the trail alone is so much fun and so peaceful. It was a great start to the weekend, getting ready for Tour de Fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment