Friday, September 7, 2012

jones point park ride

Today I rode down to Jones Point Park for the first time. The park is absolutely beautiful and I love the new section of trail. They did a great job. My only complains is the approximately 300 bollards throughout the park. I've read enough about them, but this is the first time seeing them. People have said that the city claims they are for security, but the parking lot is literally directly below the bridge, so I just don't get that. Simple bike lane signs would work, especially because much of the path is lined, and I think a driver would notice that the yellow center line went directly down the middle of the car. A few of them are very closely spaced and will inevitably cause some problems and potential accidents.

Anyways, it was a great day to ride and the trail was remarkably empty. Its nice to be back on the bike. Here's some pics of the ride. For reference, the two bollard pictures are taken from one spot, just looking to my left and right. That's a lot of bollards!

No comments:

Post a Comment